The Critical Issues Summit Scholarship (awarded the past two years as By Invitation Only) is an extremely competitive application-based program and 100 percent of the program cost and airfare will be covered for avid change makers to attend the Critical Issues Summit. Once submitted, the application will be reviewed by a committee and 25 qualified students will be selected to attend the summit. We’re looking for students we believe have the power to become change makers in their local and global communities. We truly believe this group of students will change the world for the better.
We created the By Invitation Only Scholarship to invest in students that we believe have the power to change the world. In 2017, students traveled to Morocco on our first ever By Invitation Only program, Peace, Wonder, and Understanding Islam. In 2018, students traveled on our Race in America program. In 2019, we’re launching the Critical Issues Summit.
The 2019 Critical Issues Summit Scholarship will open October 17, 2018. The application will close January 17, 2019 (at 11:59pm PT), and all applicants will be notified about the status of their application on February 5, 2019.
What is the Critical Issues Summit?
This unique opportunity will allow students to explore one of five global critical issues before participating in a conference featuring issue experts, workshops, and community building. Join students from over twenty countries across the globe including delegates from five countries in Southeast Asia. Move towards making real change with a $10,000 design challenge aimed at supporting innovative solutions to the critical issues you examine.
Application Terms and Conditions
Dates and Deadlines:
◦ Critical Issues Summit scholarship application opens: October 17, 2018
◦ Summit application closes: January 17, 2019
◦ Summit applicants notified: February 5, 2019
◦ Should be between the ages of 14 and 18 during the Summit experience.
◦ Must be available to connect with our review committee during the last week of January 2019 if necessary.
◦ English Language Proficiency Requirement: In order to engage fully in the Summit, students must be able to communicate comfortably in English in a professional or academic setting. We want to make sure you get the most out of your experience! If you are unsure if the Critical Issues Summit is right for you for this reason or any other, please give us a call or send us an email.