Engage with the history and modern complexities of this crossroads of cultures. Croatia has been a desired strategic location for all major powers through European history. Visit national parks, medieval towns, and UNESCO World Heritage sites. Encounter local traditions and sample cuisine from the capital city, Zagreb, and down the Dalmatian Coast. Discover why the Adriatic is a hidden gem of European travel.
2022 Departure Dates
|June 21 – June 29, 2022||Available||Start Here|
Packing the right gear (and the right amounts) is the first step to an incredible travel experience. Follow these tips to pack like a pro:
Travel light. Pack only the essentials. You’ll need less than you think!
Bring the right clothes. Pack clothes that are culturally appropriate for your destination and acceptable for service projects. This means bringing long shorts (think Bermuda and basketball shorts), t-shirts with sleeves to cover shoulders, and appropriate footwear.
Leave your valuables behind. While traveling, it’s easier for things to get lost, stolen, or damaged. Keep any prized possessions safe at home.
Check with TSA. Make sure your luggage complies with TSA regulations, especially your carry-on. Useful tip: Pack an empty water bottle and fill it up after security.
A school backpack or similar sized bag is ideal.
- Passport and Wallet
- Photocopy of passport
- Any required COVID documentation
- Covid Kit (masks, TSA-compliant hand sanitizer)
- Warm coat/jacket
- Extra pair of clothing (long sleeve shirt/sweater, pants, underwear)
- Book and/or journal
- Electrical converter (220 volt – European two round pin plug)
- Water bottle
A 50-70 Liter duffel bag or backpack is ideal.
- Socks (7-8)
- Underwear (7-8)
- T-shirts (7-8)
- Long-sleeved shirts (7-8)
- Sweaters (1-2)
- Jeans or warm pants (1-2)
- Active wear (e.g. athletic pants and sweatshirt) (1-2)
- Warm coat/jacket (preferably waterproof)
- Two pairs of old clothing for outdoor activities
- One nice outfit for hotel meals, etc.
- Swimsuit and flip flops
- Shoes (1-2 pairs, preferably waterproof e.g. hiking shoes or quality sneakers)
- Masks (we recommend 2 masks per day, with N95, KN94, or KF93 rating)
- Laundry bag
Travel size bottles in plastic bags.
- Body wash
- Face wash
- Tooth paste
- Contacts & solution or spare glasses
- Foam earplugs / eye mask
- Personal med kit/necessary medications
- Wet Wipes
- Razor/shaving cream
- Hand sanitizer