Design the Perfect Travel Program for Your Students
Think of your Rustic Pathways Program Coordinator (PC) as a travel concierge who will help you identify the right type of program, connect you with our Country Teams to customize the experience for your students, and provide the pre-trip support you’ll need to promote, recruit, and enroll students in your program. Your PC will be with you every step of the way.
Rustic programs are designed to align with:
- The mission and values of your school
- Your vision and purpose for traveling with students
- Your school’s curriculum, including International Baccalaureate Middle Years and Diploma programs incorporating meaningful and impactful CAS experiences
- Coursework or a specific content area, including Advanced Placement or Honors programs
- Your school’s service-learning goals or external programs like Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Program
Step 1: Partner with your Rustic Program Coordinator
- Connect to discuss program options and customization.
- Receive custom program proposals within a few days
- Work with your PC to adjust the itinerary to meet your needs.
- Get classroom activities and other lessons to help prepare students for their program.
Step 2: Recruit students to join your program (but we'll do most of the work!)
- Receive a custom program webpage, posters, flyers, email templates, and other materials to distribute to students and their families.
- Encourage students and their parents to attend an information night in your school community, hosted by Rustic—we’ll provide recruitment resources.
- Get full support from our administrative team for student enrollment, flight booking, and payment assistance.
Step 3: Travel on the adventure of a lifetime!
- Arrive in country, meet your Program Leaders, immerse in local culture, participate in meaningful service, make new friends, and create lasting memories.
- Process experiences during and after your trip through guided discussions and reflection activities facilitated by trained Program Leaders.
- Apply those lessons to the classroom with educational resources to support student projects and classroom activities.