Rustic Pathways Rules
As a Rustic Pathways student, you have a shared responsibility to ensure that your program is safe, fun, and meaningful. During your program, we expect that you always follow the rules below.
- Do not consume or possess alcohol.
- Do not use or possess illegal drugs, or misuse prescription drugs.
- Do not use or possess tobacco or tobacco products (including electronic cigarettes and vaping products).
- Do not have sex or engage in any act that is of a sexual nature.
- Do not steal.
- Do not get tattoos or piercings.
- Do not bully others, which includes verbal, social, physical, and cyberbullying.
- Do not engage in inappropriate, disrespectful, or disruptive use of cellphones, social media, or technology.
- Do not leave your group without proper supervision.
- Follow all directions given to you by Rustic Pathways staff.
- Remain respectful and sensitive to local culture.
- Represent yourself and Rustic Pathways in an appropriate manner. This includes choosing appropriate and respectful language, conversation topics, music, and clothing.
At Rustic Pathways, we value community. We cherish diversity and inclusivity and we actively strive to create a culture of acceptance, tolerance, and respect. We welcome all students onto our programs, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, and socioeconomic status. We believe that all stakeholders, including our students, have an obligation to create and maintain a healthy, safe environment for all on our programs.
Rustic Pathways defines bullying as repeated intentionally harmful acts perpetrated by an individual or group against someone who feels inadequately able to respond. We believe that any form, type, or level of bullying or discrimination is unacceptable and requires immediate attention. We reserve the right to dismiss any student who bullies or discriminates against others.
When a student is dismissed, no refund will be given for any unused program costs or flights. All costs associated with a student’s departure from the program will be the responsibility of the student and their family. Future participation in Rustic Pathways programs will not be permitted.
Failure to abide by the Rustic Pathways Rules and Inclusivity Statement will result in corrective action and likely result in immediate removal from your program at your family’s expense.