Rustic Pathways Rules
As a Rustic Pathways student you take on part of the responsibility for ensuring that your program is safe, fun, and meaningful. During your program, we ask that you always follow the rules below.
- Do not consume or possess alcohol
- Do not use or possess illegal drugs, including prescription medication not prescribed to you
- Do not use tobacco or tobacco products (including electronic tobacco products)
- No sex or any act that is of a sexual nature
- No stealing
- No tattoos or piercings
- No bullying
- Follow all the directions given to you by Rustic Pathways staff
- Never leave your group without proper supervision
- Remain respectful and sensitive to local culture
- Represent yourself and Rustic Pathways in an appropriate manner
Breaking any of the rules listed above will result in immediate removal from your program. You and your family are responsible for any additional costs associated with being removed from a program.
Bullying and Inclusivity Statement
At Rustic Pathways, we value community. We cherish diversity and inclusivity and we actively strive to create a culture of acceptance, tolerance and respect. We welcome all students onto our programs, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, or socioeconomic status. Rustic Pathways defines bullying as harassment, intimidation, or any act intended to exclude or harm another person physically or psychologically. We believe that any form, type, or level of bullying or discrimination is unacceptable and requires immediate attention. We have a zero tolerance policy on bullying and reserve the right to dismiss any student who bullies or discriminates against others.
Our rules are intended to keep people safe and to maintain program quality. Dismissal becomes necessary when a student’s behavior interferes with our ability to facilitate safe, high quality programs.
When a student is dismissed, no refund will be given for the remaining program cost, missed activities, or adjusted flights. Any costs associated with a student’s departure from the program will be the responsibility of the student and their family. Future participation in Rustic Pathways programs will not be permitted.
The following rules apply to students traveling to, on, or from programs. Breaking these rules typically results in immediate dismissal from program.
Students who repeatedly fail to meet the following expectations will be dismissed:
- Care and respect must be shown at all times for oneself, for others, and for the program.
- Do not drive or ride on motorcycles or scooters.
- Obey the instructions of guides and program leaders.
- Obey local laws.
- Do not leave the group without letting a program leader know.
- Smartphone and internet use must not interfere with program activities.
- Do not get any tattoos, piercings, or other body modifications while abroad.
- Do not use or possess tobacco or nicotine products, including vaporizers and e-cigarettes.