Adventure through Fiji on this jam-packed, two-week adventure. Start your trip by heading out to the village of Somosomo on Naviti Island where you will swim and kayak in pristine waters. Help out on a village service initiative and contribute to the community in a positive way. Spend a few days getting to know the Fiji highlands, hiking across the mountains and experiencing rural village life. In addition to all of the water activities, you will also get to zipline, visit a rainforest preserve, and hike to beautiful waterfalls.
No-Stress Travel Guarantee!
No-Stress Travel Guarantee!
Packing the right gear (and the right amounts) is the first step to an incredible travel experience. Follow these tips to pack like a pro:
Travel light. Pack only the essentials. You’ll need less than you think!
Bring the right clothes. Pack clothes that are culturally appropriate for your destination and acceptable for service projects. This means bringing long shorts (think Bermuda and basketball shorts), t-shirts with sleeves to cover shoulders, and appropriate footwear.
Leave your valuables behind. While traveling, it’s easier for things to get lost, stolen, or damaged. Keep any prized possessions safe at home.
Check with TSA. Make sure your luggage complies with TSA regulations, especially your carry-on. Useful tip: Pack an empty water bottle and fill it up after security.
Extra paperwork? If you need additional forms filled out to get credit for your service hours, no problem! Bring these forms with you so they can be completed in-country.
A school backpack or similar sized bag is ideal.
- Photocopy of passport
- Journal and pens
- Ear buds
- Change of clothes
- Water bottle
- Additional community service forms
- Any relevant Scuba Diving certifications
- Small backpack or overnight bag (if not already using as carry-on)
- Outlet power converter
- Consent to Travel form
- Rustic Pathways emergency contacts
A 50-70 Liter duffel bag or backpack is ideal.
- Socks (6-8)
- Underwear (10-12)
- Pants/capris (2-3)
- Long service shorts
- Long skirt (2-3)
- Tank Tops (3-5)
- T-shirts (6-8)
- Long sleeved shirt (2-3)
- Swimsuit (1-2)
- Quick dry towel
- Beach towel/sarong
- Rain jacket
- Strappy sandals (like Tevas or Chacos)
(Travel size bottles in Ziploc bags)
- Body wash
- Face wash
- Oxybenzone-free sunscreen (reef-safe)
- Bug spray
- Feminine hygiene products
- Contact solution
- Foam ear plugs
- Personal med kit
- Wet Wipes
- Razor/shaving cream
- Work gloves
- Sleeping bag (35 degrees and up)
- Visas for students traveling on U.S. passports will be issued upon arrival. Make sure you check that you are in Fiji on “Holiday” when you fill out the customs and immigration form on the plane.
- Leggings DO NOT count as long shorts. Long shorts must be loose fitting, like basketball shorts, or cargo shorts.
- You will be receiving a “sulu,” a traditional Fijian sarong, when you arrive!