How Do I Travel on My Own for the First Time?
Nothing beats the first time you travel abroad. When you go to a different country, you learn about yourself and the world, and you grow as a person. You get to participate in exciting and fun activities with other student travelers and the community you stay with. Traveling makes a lasting impact on your mind and heart, but that’s just the beginning. Here are more reasons to consider student travel. You’ll:
- Identify interests, passions and what you want to study in college.
- Develop a global perspective that supports leadership skills and creative problem-solving.
- Work with people from diverse backgrounds and develop cultural sensitivities.
- Learn how to develop and implement projects that make a real impact on communities.
- Build and sharpen critical skills such as empathy and self-awareness to grow as an individual.
Despite the benefits, traveling can also seem intimidating to first-timers. There are a lot of things you’ll need to do to prepare for a journey to a new place, and you probably have a ton of questions. That’s OK! The truth is, traveling is not as scary as it seems, especially if you venture with experienced Program Leaders. At Rustic Pathways, we’re ready to help you enjoy a thrilling cultural experience while ensuring your safety and stimulating growth.
What You’ll Learn in This Guide
The first step is to ask questions and learn how to prepare. In this guide to first-time travel, we’ll cover all the basics to help a first-time traveler prepare for their journey abroad. We’ll answer questions such as:
- How do I plan for my first trip abroad?
- Where should I travel for the first time?
- What do I need to organize before going overseas?
- What do I need as a first-time traveler?
We’ll also cover:
- General first-time travel tips including travel safety
- Questions first-time travelers and their families have
- What to do during and after your trip
Traveling is a life-changing experience and best of all—it’s fun! Student travelers get to experience new cultures, make new friends, go on adventures, and participate in a range of activities. If you’re ready to take the next step, let this be your complete guide to traveling abroad for the first time. If you’d like to speak to a Global Program Advisor, reach out to us. We’ll be happy to answer your questions.