Enhance your Spanish in this program designed for students of all skill levels. Learn from a native speaker in a level-appropriate classroom setting. Classes will focus on conversational skills to prepare you for interacting with native speakers. Live with a local family in a carefully-selected homestay to enhance the linguistic and cultural elements of your trip. Continue practicing your skills during adventure activities around Turrialba. Rappel down waterfalls, zip line through the forest, and raft the Pacuare River. This culturally immersive two-week program is a great way to improve your Spanish before embarking on any of our other programs in Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, or Peru.
2022 Departure Dates
|July 12 – July 27, 2022||Available||Start Here|
Packing the right gear (and the right amounts) is the first step to an incredible travel experience. Follow these tips to pack like a pro:
Travel light. Pack only the essentials. You’ll need less than you think!
Bring the right clothes. Pack clothes that are culturally appropriate for your destination and acceptable for service projects. This means bringing long shorts (think Bermuda and basketball shorts), t-shirts with sleeves to cover shoulders, and appropriate footwear.
Leave your valuables behind. While traveling, it’s easier for things to get lost, stolen, or damaged. Keep any prized possessions safe at home.
Check with TSA. Make sure your luggage complies with TSA regulations, especially your carry-on. Useful tip: Pack an empty water bottle and fill it up after security.
Extra paperwork? If you need additional forms filled out to get credit for your service hours, no problem! Bring these forms with you so they can be completed in-country.
A school backpack is ideal as it will be used for day trips.
- Photocopy of passport
- Photocopy of flight information
- Book and/or journal
- Ear buds
- Change of clothes
- Reusable water bottle
- Additional community service forms
- Visa documentation (if applicable)
- Consent to Travel form
- Rustic Pathways emergency contacts
- Students must bring additional hand sanitizer and one disposable mask per day of the program, or three hand-washable masks.
- Disposable masks should be either surgical masks, or KN95/N95 respirators.
- Reusable cloth masks should have multiple layers of tightly woven fabric and fit well without gaps.
A 50-70 Liter duffel bag or backpack is ideal.
- Socks (8)
- Underwear (8)
- Jeans (1)
- Long Shorts* (2-3)
- T-shirt (6)
- Tank tops (4)
- Long sleeve shirt (1)
- Rain jacket
- Strappy sandals (like Tevas or Chacos)
- Quick dry towel
- Beach towel/sarong
(travel sized in ziplock bags)
- Body wash
- Face wash
- Oxybenzone-free sunscreen (reef-safe)
- Biodegradable/natural bug spray
- Feminine hygiene products
- Contact solution
- Foam earplugs
- Personal med kit
- Wet Wipes
- Razor/shaving cream