Travel Info: Thailand

Rustic Pathways uses Singapore Airlines for our escorted group flights from North America to Bangkok, Thailand. Students beginning their trip in North America are required to depart on one of our escorted group flights from one of our gateways airports—either Los Angeles (LAX) or New York (JFK). The only exception is Elephants and Amazing Thailand (Summer College Program), which leaves from JFK only. Students are responsible for arranging their own domestic travel to one of our gateway cities.

Students will have a fuel stop in Frankfurt, Germany (FRA) if flying via New York (JFK) or Seoul, South Korea (ICN) if flying via Los Angeles.  Students then fly to Singapore (SIN), and then on to Bangkok, Thailand (BKK) before heading to  the program destination with their group.

Students joining our programs from outside North America are responsible for arranging their own travel to Bangkok, Thailand (BKK) during a specified arrival window. Arriving outside this window may incur special transportation arrangements and fees. Please reach out to your Personal Travel Advisor to confirm specific arrival and departure airports and times.

International Airfare
Students departing from outside North America are responsible for making all their own airfare arrangements. Some programs may have additional internal airfare costs. Please reference the program page for details.
  • Origin Airports:
    Los Angeles (LAX) - $2,750; New York (JFK) - $2,750
  • Destination Airport:
    Bangkok, Thailand (BKK)
Connecting Destinations

Important: For additional information on the logistics of our escorted group flights, click here.

Visa Information

Students traveling on United States passports are not required to obtain a Thailand visa unless their stay exceeds 30 days. For students that stay longer than 30 days, we will arrange a second 30 day visa waiver.

Students traveling with Rustic Pathways on passports not issued by the United States are responsible for determining their own visa requirements. Please check with the appropriate consulate or embassy.