Assist in the ongoing rebuilding efforts in New Orleans. Damages from Hurricane Katrina in 2005 can still be seen throughout the city. Work with local organizations to rebuild homes and participate in community-building initiatives. After work, explore the French Quarter, try some spicy jambalaya, snack on beignets, and relax and unwind as you listen to live music in the birthplace of jazz. Live bands, fresh jambalaya, and friendly locals will show you the true meaning of Southern hospitality. Learn more about New Orleans history, culture and people, and laissez le bon temps rouler!
Students love the culture in New Orleans and the pride that citizens have for their city!
June 13 - June 26, 2020Available
June 27 - July 10, 2020Available
July 11 - July 24, 2020Available
Packing the right gear (and the right amounts) is the first step to an incredible travel experience. Below is your packing list, and for those of you looking for some extra guidance on what to bring, check out the packing guide.
A school backpack is ideal.
- Passport/Photo ID
- Photocopy/picture of passport/photo ID
- Journal and pens
- 1 change of clothes
- Reusable water bottle!
- Visa documentation (if applicable)
- Additional community service forms if needed
- Consent to Travel form
- Rustic Pathways emergency contacts
A 50-70 Liter duffel bag or backpack.
- Socks (8-14)
- Underwear (14)
- Pants/Capris/Jeans/Leggings (3-5)
- Shorts (3-5)
- Long service shorts (1)
- Long sleeved shirt (1-2)
- T-shirts/Tank tops (10-15)
- Nicer outfit for a night out – (1-2)
- Hard-soled shoes/work boots (can be sneakers)
(travel sized containers packed in Ziploc bags)
- Body wash/Soap
- Oxybenzone-free sunscreen (reef-safe)
- Bug spray
- Feminine hygiene products
- Razor/shaving cream
- Pillow with pillowcase (optional)