The ultimate South Pacific adventure experience! This program is a three-week excursion through Fiji and New Zealand, created especially for the adventurous student. Hike, swim, snorkel, kayak, and scuba dive in the Fiji Islands, then head to New Zealand where you will blackwater raft down caves with glow worms, zorb, zip line, inner tube, bungee jump, and and have the option to jump from the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere. There’s not a dull moment on this adrenaline-pumping program!
No-Stress Travel Guarantee!
No-Stress Travel Guarantee!
June 11th departure will begin in Fiji and end in New Zealand. The June 18, July 2, July 9, July 16, and July 23 departures will all begin in New Zealand and end in Fiji.
Packing the right gear (and the right amounts) is the first step to an incredible travel experience. Follow these tips to pack like a pro:
Travel light. Pack only the essentials. You’ll need less than you think!
Bring the right clothes. Pack clothes that are culturally appropriate for your destination and acceptable for service projects. This means bringing long shorts (think Bermuda and basketball shorts), t-shirts with sleeves to cover shoulders, and appropriate footwear. For New Zealand, this means checking the weather for the week you will be in New Zealand and bringing warm clothes. The same two pairs of pants can be used all week!
Leave your valuables behind. While traveling, it’s easier for things to get lost, stolen, or damaged. Keep any prized possessions safe at home.
Check with TSA. Make sure your luggage complies with TSA regulations, especially your carry-on. Useful tip: Pack an empty water bottle and fill it up after security.
Extra paperwork? If you need additional forms filled out to get credit for your service hours, no problem! Bring these forms with you so they can be completed in-country.
A school backpack or similar sized bag is ideal.
- Photocopy of passport
- Journal and pens
- Ear buds
- Change of clothes
- Water bottle
- Additional community service forms
- Any relevant Scuba Diving certifications
- Small backpack or overnight bag (if not already using as carry-on)
- Outlet power converter
- Consent to Travel form
- Rustic Pathways emergency contacts
A 50-70 Liter duffel bag or backpack is ideal.
- Socks (8-10)
- Underwear (12-14)
- Pants/capris (2-3)
- Jeans (1-2)
- Long shorts (must be knee length)
- Long skirt (2-3)
- Tank Tops (4-6)
- T-shirts (8-10)
- Long sleeved shirt (3-5)
- Swimsuit (1-2)
- Quick dry towel
- Beach towel/sarong
- Rain jacket
- Fleece jacket
- Strappy sandals (like Tevas or Chacos)
- Hiking boots
- Warm down jacket
(Travel size bottles in Ziploc bags)
- Body wash
- Face wash
- Oxybenzone-free sunscreen (reef-safe)
- Bug spray
- Feminine hygiene products
- Contact solution
- Foam ear plugs
- Personal med kit
- Wet Wipes
- Razor/shaving cream
- Sleeping bag (35 degrees and up)
- Visas for students traveling on U.S. passports to Fiji and New Zealand will be issued upon arrival. Make sure you check that you are in Fiji on “Holiday” when you fill out the customs and immigration form on the plane.
- Leggings DO NOT count as long shorts. Long shorts must be loose fitting, like basketball shorts, or cargo shorts.
- You will be receiving a “sulu,” a traditional Fijian sarong, when you arrive!
- Please note that the June 11th departure will begin in Fiji and end in New Zealand. The June 18th, July 2nd, July 9th, and July 16th departures will all begin in New Zealand and end in Fiji.