The ultimate South Pacific adventure experience! Participate in an exhilarating three-week exploration of Fiji and New Zealand designed for seasoned travelers and created with a small group of adventurers in mind. High adventure awaits in New Zealand, the Land of the Long White Cloud. Whitewater raft down the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world, roll down a zig-zag track in a slippery Zorb ball, and spend time relaxing in natural hot springs. In Fiji, discover the beautiful Yasawa Islands, the remote Nausori Highlands, and Taveuni—the “Garden Island” of Fiji. Hike through rainforests, swim among waterfalls, scuba dive in pristine waters (add-on activity), and kayak past stunning beaches.
Students love this adrenaline-packed adventure through New Zealand and Fiji!
June 16 - July 08, 2020Sold Out
June 30 - July 22, 2020Sold Out
July 07 - July 29, 2020Sold Out
June 09 - July 01, 2020Sold Out
June 15 - July 07, 2021Sold Out
July 06 - July 28, 2021Sold Out
June 08 - June 30, 2021Sold Out
Packing the right gear (and the right amounts) is the first step to an incredible travel experience. Follow these tips to pack like a pro:
Travel light. Pack only the essentials. You’ll need less than you think!
Bring the right clothes. Pack clothes that are culturally appropriate for your destination and acceptable for service projects. This means bringing long shorts (think Bermuda and basketball shorts), t-shirts with sleeves to cover shoulders, and appropriate footwear. For New Zealand, this means checking the weather for the week you will be in New Zealand and bringing warm clothes. The same two pairs of pants can be used all week!
Leave your valuables behind. While traveling, it’s easier for things to get lost, stolen, or damaged. Keep any prized possessions safe at home.
Check with TSA. Make sure your luggage complies with TSA regulations, especially your carry-on. Useful tip: Pack an empty water bottle and fill it up after security.
Extra paperwork? If you need additional forms filled out to get credit for your service hours, no problem! Bring these forms with you so they can be completed in-country.
A school backpack or similar sized bag is ideal.
- Photocopy of passport
- Journal and pens
- Ear buds
- Change of clothes
- Water bottle
- Additional community service forms
- Any relevant Scuba Diving certifications
- Small backpack or overnight bag (if not already using as carry-on)
- Outlet power converter
- Consent to Travel form
- Rustic Pathways emergency contacts
A 50-70 Liter duffel bag or backpack is ideal.
- Socks (8-10)
- Underwear (12-14)
- Pants/capris (2-3)
- Jeans (1-2)
- Long shorts (must be knee length)
- Long skirt (2-3)
- Tank Tops (4-6)
- T-shirts (8-10)
- Long sleeved shirt (3-5)
- Swimsuit (1-2)
- Quick dry towel
- Beach towel/sarong
- Rain jacket
- Fleece jacket
- Strappy sandals (like Tevas or Chacos)
- Hiking boots
- Warm down jacket
(Travel size bottles in Ziploc bags)
- Body wash
- Face wash
- Oxybenzone-free sunscreen (reef-safe)
- Bug spray
- Feminine hygiene products
- Contact solution
- Foam ear plugs
- Personal med kit
- Wet Wipes
- Razor/shaving cream
- Sleeping bag (35 degrees and up)
- Visas for students traveling on U.S. passports to Fiji and New Zealand will be issued upon arrival. Make sure you check that you are in Fiji on “Holiday” when you fill out the customs and immigration form on the plane.
- Leggings DO NOT count as long shorts. Long shorts must be loose fitting, like basketball shorts, or cargo shorts.
- You will be receiving a “sulu,” a traditional Fijian sarong, when you arrive!
- Please note that the June 11th departure will begin in Fiji and end in New Zealand. The June 18th, July 2nd, July 9th, and July 16th departures will all begin in New Zealand and end in Fiji.