Spend two weeks in a life-changing experience traversing this unique and incredible country. Volunteer at a village in the high Atlas Mountains. Head to the Sahara Desert, where you’ll ride a camel and take in the beauty of the sand dunes. Visit the largest mosque in Africa in Casablanca, surf or relax on the beach in the coastal town of Essaouira, and admire the colorful goods and exotic spices in the souqs of Marrakesh. Through all these experiences and more, Morocco will offer you a journey you will never forget.
No-Stress Travel Guarantee!
No-Stress Travel Guarantee!
Packing the right gear (and the right amounts) is the first step to an incredible travel experience. Follow these tips to pack like a pro:
Travel light. Pack only the essentials. You’ll need less than you think!
Bring the right clothes. Pack clothes that are culturally appropriate for your destination and acceptable for service projects. This means bringing lightweight pants/capris, t-shirts with sleeves to cover shoulders, and appropriate footwear. Shorts and leggings are not acceptable in Morocco.
Leave your valuables behind. While traveling, it’s easier for things to get lost, stolen, or damaged. Keep any prized possessions safe at home.
Check with TSA. Make sure your luggage complies with TSA regulations, especially your carry-on. Useful tip: Pack an empty water bottle and fill it up after security.
Extra paperwork? If you need additional forms filled out to get credit for your service hours, no problem! Bring these forms with you so they can be completed in-country.
A school backpack is ideal as it will be used for day trips.
- Photocopy of passport
- Book and/or journal
- Change of clothes
- Water bottle (mandatory)
- Additional community service forms
- Visa documentation (if applicable)
- Ear buds
- Outlet power converter
- Consent to Travel form
- Rustic Pathways emergency contacts
A 50-70 Liter duffel bag or backpack is ideal.
- Socks (7-8)
- Underwear (15)
- Lightweight pants/capris (3-5)
- Jeans (1)
- Long skirt
- T-shirts (6-8)
- Long-sleeved shirt (1-2)
- Swimsuit (ONE PIECE)
- Quick dry towel
- Soft shell jacket
- Strappy sandals (like Tevas or Chacos)
- Sneakers or hiking shoes
(Travel size bottles in Ziploc bags)
- Body wash
- Face wash
- Tooth paste
- Bug spray
- Feminine hygiene products
- Contacts solution
- Foam ear plugs
- Personal med kit
- Wet Wipes
- Razor/shaving cream
- Hand sanitizer
- Portable games (Bananagrams, cards, etc.)
- Arabic phrasebook
- Morocco is an Islamic country and its citizens dress conservatively. It is not necessary for our female travelers to wear headscarves, but to be respectful of their culture please leave tight clothing, two-piece bathing suits, miniskirts, shorts and shirts that bare your shoulders at home.
- Most of the toilets in Morocco will not have toilet paper available, so please bring a travel-size roll of toilet paper or some tissues that you can carry in your bag.