Travel across Morocco and develop a portfolio that captures the diversity of the country and your skills as a photographer. Guided by professional photographers, you’ll have both private and group lessons to improve your technique. Explore markets, learn about Berber culture in the high Atlas Mountains, ride a camel through the Sahara, and marvel at the mosques in Marrakech. Get a comprehensive understanding of this diverse country and come home with photos to show family, teachers, and possibly even editors.
No-Stress Travel Guarantee!
No-Stress Travel Guarantee!
Packing the right gear (and the right amounts) is the first step to an incredible travel experience. Follow these tips to pack like a pro:
Travel light. Pack only the essentials. You’ll need less than you think!
Bring the right clothes. Pack clothes that are culturally appropriate for your destination and acceptable for service projects. This means bringing lightweight pants/capris, t-shirts with sleeves to cover shoulders, and appropriate footwear. Shorts and leggings are not acceptable in Morocco.
Leave your valuables behind. While traveling, it’s easier for things to get lost, stolen, or damaged. Keep any prized possessions safe at home.
Check with TSA. Make sure your luggage complies with TSA regulations, especially your carry-on. Useful tip: Pack an empty water bottle and fill it up after security.
Extra paperwork? If you need additional forms filled out to get credit for your service hours, no problem! Bring these forms with you so they can be completed in-country.
A school backpack is ideal as it will be used for day trips.
- Photocopy of passport
- Book and/or journal
- Change of clothes
- Water bottle (mandatory)
- Additional community service forms
- Visa documentation (if applicable)
- Ear buds
- Outlet power converter
- Consent to Travel form
- Rustic Pathways emergency contacts
- Camera (Charger and additional batteries if available)
- Camera Instructions Manual
- Lenses (Multiple if available)
- Tripod (Optional)
- Memory Cards (Minimum of 32GB, multiple cards recommended)
- Card Reader (To upload photos to laptop)
- External Hard Drive (For photo backup)
*We recommend putting these valuables in your carry-on, but understand if not all of them fit.
A 50-70 Liter duffel bag or backpack is ideal.
- Socks (7-8)
- Underwear (15)
- Lightweight pants/capris (3-5)
- Jeans (1)
- Long skirt
- T-shirts (6-8)
- Long-sleeved shirt (1-2)
- Swimsuit (ONE PIECE)
- Quick dry towel
- Soft shell jacket
- Strappy sandals (like Tevas or Chacos)
- Sneakers or hiking shoes
(Travel size bottles in Ziploc bags)
- Body wash
- Face wash
- Tooth paste
- Oxybenzone-free sunscreen (reef-safe)
- Bug spray
- Feminine hygiene products
- Contacts solution
- Foam ear plugs
- Personal med kit
- Wet Wipes
- Razor/shaving cream
- Hand sanitizer
- Portable games (Bananagrams, cards, etc.)
- Arabic phrasebook
- Morocco is an Islamic country and its citizens dress conservatively. It is not necessary for our female travelers to wear headscarves, but to be respectful of their culture please leave tight clothing, two-piece bathing suits, miniskirts, shorts and shirts that bare your shoulders at home.
- Most of the toilets in Morocco will not have toilet paper available, so please bring a travel-size roll of toilet paper or some tissues that you can carry in your bag.