Optional Cancellation Waiver
We strongly suggest that families purchase our Optional Cancellation Waiver, which provides you with maximum flexibility to cancel or revise your itinerary prior to travel. You may cancel up until 24 hours prior to your first departure date and receive a full refund of your program fees. Any refund of airfare costs is dependent upon airline policy and cannot be guaranteed. This waiver does not guarantee a refund of airfare costs.
- The optional cancellation waiver must be purchased during the enrollment process.
- You must cancel at least 24 hours prior to your first departure date. The OCW may not be used for upcoming sessions after your initial session has departed.
- All administrative fees, including the enrollment fee, any applicable late payment fees, and installment fees are non-refundable.
- Airfare costs are not included in the refund issued by the Optional Cancellation Waiver, this will be dependent upon each airline’s policy.
- Optional Cancellation Waiver rates are based on trip duration:
- 1 – 13 days = $195
- 14 – 20 days = $385
- 21 – 27 days = $550
- 28 – 34 days = $650
- 35 – 41 days = $750
- 42 – 48 days = $835
- 49 – 55 days = $875
- 56 – 62 days = $960
- 63 – 69 days = $995
Standard Cancellation Policy
If you do not purchase the Optional Cancellation Waiver, you will be subject to our standard cancellation policy detailed below. Trip cancellation date is determined by the date we receive or confirm by written notice (email or fax) the request for cancellation of the participant’s program(s). Verbal notice alone does not serve as a valid cancellation notification.
- Cancellation by you more than 90 days prior to participant’s first scheduled departure date: you will receive a 60% refund on your total trip cost.
- Cancellation by you between 89 and 45 days prior to participant’s first scheduled departure date: you will receive a 30% refund on your total trip cost.
- Cancellation by you less than 45 days prior to participant’s first scheduled departure date: you will receive no refund.
Note that total trip cost includes program fees and airfare, but excludes enrollment and administrative fees.
The refund percentage listed above is based on your total trip cost. If your account is not paid in full at time of cancellation, the amount you receive back (if applicable) will be calculated off of your total trip cost (excluding fees), not what has been paid. In some cases, this may mean that a refund will not be issued.