Optional Cancellation Waiver
We strongly suggest that families purchase our Optional Cancellation Waiver, which provides you with maximum flexibility to cancel or revise your itinerary prior to travel. You may cancel up until 24 hours prior to your first departure date and receive a full refund of your program fees. Any refund of airfare costs is dependent upon airline policy and cannot be guaranteed. This waiver does not guarantee a refund of airfare costs.
- The optional cancellation waiver must be purchased during the enrollment process.
- You must cancel at least 24 hours prior to your first departure date. The OCW may not be used for upcoming sessions after your initial session has departed.
- All administrative fees, including the enrollment fee, any applicable late payment fees, and installment fees are non-refundable.
- Airfare costs are not included in the refund issued by the Optional Cancellation Waiver, this will be dependent upon each airline’s policy.
- Optional Cancellation Waiver rates are based on trip duration:
- 1 – 13 days = $195
- 14 – 20 days = $385
- 21 – 27 days = $550
- 28 – 34 days = $650
- 35 – 41 days = $750
- 42 – 48 days = $835
- 49 – 55 days = $875
- 56 – 62 days = $960
- 63 – 69 days = $995
Standard Cancellation Policy
If you do not purchase the Optional Cancellation Waiver, you will be subject to our standard cancellation policy detailed below. Trip cancellation date is determined by the date we receive or confirm by written notice (email or fax) the request for cancellation of the participant’s program(s). Verbal notice alone does not serve as a valid cancellation notification.
- Cancellation by you more than 90 days prior to participant’s first scheduled departure date: you will receive a 60% refund on your total trip cost.
- Cancellation by you between 89 and 45 days prior to participant’s first scheduled departure date: you will receive a 30% refund on your total trip cost.
- Cancellation by you less than 45 days prior to participant’s first scheduled departure date: you will receive no refund.
Note that total trip cost includes program fees and airfare, but excludes enrollment and administrative fees.
The refund percentage listed above is based on your total trip cost. If your account is not paid in full at time of cancellation, the amount you receive back (if applicable) will be calculated off of your total trip cost (excluding fees), not what has been paid. In some cases, this may mean that a refund will not be issued.
No-Stress Travel Policy
Whether you purchase the Optional Cancellation Waiver or are comfortable with our standard cancellation policy, you can always choose to defer your funds in escrow for future travel.
- If you cancel for any reason up until the day of travel, rather than take a partial refund, we will hold your funds to be applied against future travel for up to two years from the cancellation date. The new itinerary must be booked on or before the two-year anniversary of the cancellation date.
- Airfare and enrollment and administrative fees are non-refundable and may not be escrowed.
- Escrowed funds may be redeemed for any Rustic Pathways program (Student Travel, Group Travel, or Gap Year).
- Escrowed funds may be used only by a member of your immediate family (parents and siblings of original traveler only). Escrowed funds are not transferable outside of your immediate family.
- The No-Stress Travel Policy cannot be combined with any other cancellation terms or policies. Should you choose to defer your funds, you will not receive any cash refund.
- If your escrowed funds expire unused after a 2 year period, Rustic Pathways will contribute the funds to the Rustic Pathways Foundation.
You will be sent an deferral certificate with the value retained in escrow, the expiration date, and the key terms listed above. We will keep a copy of the certificate on record for future reference.