Optional Cancellation Waiver
We strongly suggest that families purchase our Optional Cancellation Waiver (OCW), which provides you with maximum flexibility to cancel or revise your itinerary prior to travel. You may cancel up until 24 hours prior to the departure time of your first international flight and receive a full refund of your program fees. Any refund of airfare costs is dependent upon airline policy and cannot be guaranteed. This waiver does not guarantee a refund of airfare costs.
- The Optional Cancellation Waiver must be purchased during the enrollment process or within 7 days of receiving your Welcome Letter and Invoice (up until 90 days prior to departure).
- You must cancel at least 24 hours prior to the departure time of your first international flight. After your travels have begun, the OCW may not be used for any subsequent or upcoming sessions. In other words, once your first international flight has departed, the OCW may no longer be utilized.
- All administrative fees, including the enrollment fee, any applicable late payment fees, and installment fees etc. are non-refundable.
- Airfare costs are not covered by the Optional Cancellation Waiver. Any airfare refunds are up to the discretion of Rustic Pathways and dependent upon each airline’s refund policy for the ticket class that has been purchased for you.
- Optional Cancellation Waiver rates are calculated based on trip duration:
- 1 – 13 days = $195
- 14 – 20 days = $385
- 21 – 27 days = $550
- 28 – 34 days = $650
- 35 – 41 days = $750
- 42 – 48 days = $835
- 49 – 55 days = $875
- 56 – 62 days = $960
- 63 – 69 days = $995
Advance Change and Cancellation Policy
Through January 15, 2020, if you do not purchase the Optional Cancellation Waiver, you will be subject to our standard cancellation policy detailed below.
Full Refund on Cancellations
If you decide to cancel before January 15, 2020, for any reason whatsoever, we will refund ALL money paid without penalty or administrative fees.
Change Your Programs or Departure Date
You can change your programs or departure date one time for free before January 15, 2020. After you change your itinerary once, all other changes will incur a $100 administrative fee.
Return to Top
Standard Cancellation Policy
After January 15, 2020, if you do not purchase the Optional Cancellation Waiver, you will be subject to our standard cancellation policy detailed below.
Your effective trip cancellation date is determined by the date we receive written notice (email or fax) from you during our normal business hours (Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm Eastern Time) or at the point that we confirm cancellation with you via writing after our business hours or as the result of a verbal conversation. Verbal notice alone will not serve as confirmation of your cancellation.
If you cancel:
- 90 or more days prior to your first scheduled departure date, you will receive a 60% refund of your statement cost only if your statement is paid in full. 40% of your total statement cost is non-refundable.
- 45 to 89 days prior to your first scheduled departure date, you will receive a 30% refund of your statement cost only if your statement is paid in full.70% of your total statement cost is non-refundable.
- Less than 45 days prior to your first scheduled departure date, 100% of your total statement cost is non-refundable. You will receive no refund.
Note that your “total statement cost” or “total trip cost” includes program fees and airfare, and excludes any enrollment, administrative, or late fees.
The refund percentages listed above are based upon your total statement cost, not what you have paid. If your account is not paid in full or is only partially paid at the time of cancellation, the refund amount you receive may be a partial refund or in some cases, this may mean that you do not receive a refund.
Your total statement cost is $4,000. If you cancel more than 90 days prior to departure, you are eligible for a 60% refund of your total statement cost if you have paid in full. The amount retained by Rustic Pathways in this example is 40% or $1,600. You are eligible for a refund of anything paid over this amount.
- If you have paid $4,000, we retain $1,600 and you will receive $2,400 back as your refund.
- If you have paid $3,000, we retain $1,600 and you will receive $1,400 back as your refund.
- If you have paid $1,500, we retain $1,500 and you will not receive a refund.