Global Issues Design Challenge offers a unique visit with a local Rustic team to understand critical global issues. We are happy to discuss customizing a program to the length, location, or topic of your choice. Contact us at email@example.com to learn more.
Build your student’s skills to change the world on a week-long (remote) adventure to the Balkans. Meet the local team and learn about the Balkans’ complex history and visions for the future. Then, using IDEO’s Design Thinking framework, your students will collaborate with their team to identify a specific problem and develop and pitch a solution.
Dive deep into the complex history of the Balkans region. Most recently, civil war in the region left the scars that can be still be felt. Many areas are still recovering from years of war and conflict.
During the Global Issues Design Challenge, your students will:
- Be empowered to take real action at a time when the world is ready for change.
- Develop creative thinking skills, grow as a global citizen, and have practiced thinking about systems for change.
- Discuss issues with like-minded Rustic Pathways staff and experts from around the world.
- Apply a Design Thinking framework to quickly iterate creative solutions.
- Earn a 15 hour Community Impact Certificate reflecting the time spent on the program.
- Build something to brag about on their college transcripts.
Rustic program leaders will guide your class on this learning journey, and local experts will join to share context and insights. Your students will drive the learning journey, diving into burning questions about how these critical issues impact our world, and where their passions and interests connect with creating meaningful change.
Monday : Empathize – Live interaction with the Balkans region country team. Students will learn about the issues surrounding the Balkans conflict and reconciliation.
Tuesday : Define – Students will get to know their Rustic Pathways program leader and team. Further discussions help build background knowledge.
Wednesday : Ideate – Students brainstorm ideas with their teams on how they might address the issues at hand. The sky’s the limit here!!!!
Thursday : Prototype & Test – Working with their groups, students flesh out their solution concept and plan a final presentation.
Friday : Present – Live presentations of plans! The team with the best plan wins Rustic gear!